Saturday 7 January 2012

Onion pakora

I decided to try to do pakoras, but I had to make adjustments to the recipe that I found on internet. There were a few problems: it had fresh coriander (and if you know me, you definitely know I can't stand fresh coriander! Too bad, that it is in every indian dish!) The other thing is that it was supposed to be with chickpea flour, but I couldn't find it in our stores, so I used just corn flour instead.



















Ingredients:

2 cups corn flour
1 cup rice flour
oil
onions (1)
chillies (2-3)
salt
cashew nuts
curry powder
coriander powder
cumin seeds
baking soda
water

Cut the onion and chilli very thin. Add half teaspoon coriander powder, coriander powder and a pinch of salt. Put the cashew nuts in water for 10 minutes, then add them to the onion. Mix the flour with a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of baking soda, a teaspoon od cumin seeds and 2 tablespoons of oil. Add onions and cashew nuts, mix it dry, then add some water and some oil if needed. Make small balls out of the pasture and deep fry them.

No comments:

Post a Comment