Monday 2 January 2012

Carrots and ginger soup

Yes, I'm still alive and yes, I still cook. :) I haven't posted here for ages, I guess I had other priorities. I just came back from my last trip, this time from the Bavarian capital Munich and I can't wait to try to cook their tasty potatoes.

While I'm waiting for the first experiments in the new year, I'll post some recipes I've done ages ago, but I didn't have time to write them down. I've done so many cookies before Christmas, but I didn't bother to take pictures, so I can't post them here without a picture. Maybe I should do all of them one more time. :)

That's a recipe I tried after my visit in Berlin last october. I'm not sure it's a typical german dish, but since I tried it in Berlin first for me it's gonna be from Berlin. It became an extremly popular recipe in my house and my boyfriend asks me offen to do it. Today I'm sharing it with you, my few fellows.
















Ingredients (4 persons):

carrots (500 gr)
potato (2)
onion (1 small)
ginger (2 cm)
curry (1/2 teaspoon)
curcuma (1/2 teaspoon)
knorr cube (1)
water (1,5 l)
olive oil (1 spoon)
salt
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds

Chop the onion, cut the potatoes and carrots in small cubes and the ginger in slim slices. In a pan fry the onion on olive oil, then add potatoes and carrots. Continue to stir and add the ginger. After a minute add the salt, curry and curcuma. Cover it with the water and a knorr cube. (That's the lazy version of the recipe, you could actually add a clear vegetable soup you did before.) Cook for 30 minutes in a coveres pan. Then blend it. Now you should have a creamy soup. Serve with sunflower and pumpkin seeds on the top. You can also serve with roasted bread cubes.
I hope you enjoy this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment