Tuesday 3 January 2012

Maki sushi

Time for the first experiment of this year. :) My boyfriend got me a sushi kit for Christmas, so I had to try it. And what it turned out are these sushi maki. I'm not sure about the amount of the ingredients this time, as it came with the kit. I did 4 medium rolls as I used the whole sheet of nori, but next time I'll try to do the small ones.
















Ingredients (2 persons):

rice (2 cups)
vinegar (1/2 cup)
sheets of nori (4)
cucumber (1)
smoked salmon (50 gr)

Cook the rice in salted water for 15-20 minutes. Drain well the rice, add vinegar, mix and leave it to cool. Put the nori sheet on the bamboo roll. In the middle put 1/4 of the rice with a spoon. With wet fingers distribute well the rice all around the nori sheet. Put the salmon on the rice and the sliced cucumber in the middle. Roll with the help of the bamboo mat and when the nori sheet join put some water with the fingers. Make the other rolls in the same way. With these ingredients you can make 2 vegetarian and 2 fish rolls. At the end cut the roll with a sharp knife and you'll have maki. Serve with some wasabi paste and soya sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment