Thursday 19 May 2011

Lentils soup with amaranth

Some time ago I discovered amaranth, a cereal original from central America. I had some difficulties to find it here, where I live, but at the end I found it and I've tried a recipe that I found here. I've modified it a bit, as usually.


Ingredients:
lentils (1 cup)
amaranth (2 cups)
water
onion (1)
carrot (1)
salt
black pepper
chilli powder





Cook the amaranth in the water for 20 minutes. Cook the lentils in another pan for 10 minutes, cover them with water and put some salt, but at the end put away all the restant water. Put the lentils and the other vegetables (chopped onion and chopped carrot) in another pan and add the lentils. Add the knorr cube, some water, salt, pepper and hot chilli powder. Cook for 10-15 minutes and then add the amaranth. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, but check when it's ready. Then serve. You can serve with small pieces of garlic bread (but I haven't, I didn't have time to prepare them). 

No comments:

Post a Comment