Wednesday 11 May 2011

Butter paneer masala

And here it is, the recipe for butter paneer masala. I was so enthusiastic, 'cause the paneer turned out so well, that I tried this recipe that I found here as well. Of course I had to adapt the recipe to my taste... yes, sorry, but I can't stand coriander. It wasn't that difficult, but it took me a lot of time and it was really spicy (ask my friends!) :) Here is the recipe as I did it.

I served the butter paneer masala with some basmati rice and a chapati.












Ingredients:
paneer cubes (15 pieces)
butter (40 gr)
cinnamon stick (1 piece)
red onion (1/2)
garlic (4 cloves)
red chilli (1)
ginger
tomatoes (4)
salt
yoghurt (3 tablespoons)
oil

Spices:
masala (1 tablespoon)
chilli powder (1/4 tablespoon)
sweet chilli powder (1 tablespoon)
curcumin powder (1/4 tablespoon)
ketchup (1 tablespoon)
water (2 tablespoons)

Mix the spices in a bowl and do a smooth paste.
Fry the chopped onion in a pan with a little bit of oil until brown. Then put it in the food processor with the garlic, red chillies, ginger and some water; blend it until you have a smooth paste. (I didn't have fresh chillies so I used the dry ones and I didn't have the ginger rooth so I used the powder.) Then blend the chopped tomatoes. In a non-stick pan heat the butter with a cinnamon stick. Add the paste made of garlic and onion and mix for a while. Add the spice paste and cook for 30 seconds. Add the blended tomatoes and cook for some time on medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix. Add the paneer pieces and yoghurt. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, then serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment