Thursday 28 April 2011

Risotto with asparagus (with oriental flavour)

As usually, I tried to cook with more fantasy and less instructions. Here is what it came out.
















Ingredients (4 persons):

rice (5 cups of 1dl)
fresh asparagus (4 pieces)
olive oil
onion (1)
garlic (1)
water
salt
knorr cube (1)
various spices (hot chili powder, sweet chili powder, curry powder, curcumin powder, masala powder, ginger, white pepper, black pepper)

First of all I chopped the onion, garlic and the asparagus. Then I put a spoon of oil in a pan and fried the onion and garlic but just for a little time. I added the spices and well mixed everything. After that I added the chopped asparagus and mixed again. I continued to mix on medium heat. I added rice and mixed again. Then I added some water, salt and the knorr cube. I continued to mix and added water when it needed. I think I had to cook the rice about 15 minutes, but the best way to find out if it's cooked is to taste if it's ready or not (but you can always check the cooking time on the package of rice). Don't forget to mix from time to time otherwise it sticks on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment