Friday 29 April 2011

Green soup with millet

Millet is called proso in slovenian and it's an old traditional dish. It can be used as a side dish or as a sweet dish (with apples ad example). It is very healthy as well as it has a lot of fibers. Well, I tried to use it in a soup and it worked well. A healthy and light dinner. :)
















Ingredients (4 persons or maybe more):

leek (1)
zucchini (1)
onion (1)
garlic (2)
chinese cabbage (3 leafs)
water
millet (125 gr)
salt
knorr cube (1)
various spices (white pepper, chili powder, curry powder, curcumin powder, ginger, nutmeg)

The preparation of this soup was very easy. I haven't used any oil or butter. I chopped the vegetables (onion, garlic, leek, zucchini and chinese cabbage) and put in a pot. I added the spices (just a bit of each one), salt and the knorr cube. I covered everything with water so that all the vegetables were under water. Then I put the pot on the heat and left it to boil. I left it 5 minutes boiling, then I added the millet and left to cook around 15 minutes. I served it hot in deep plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment