Sunday 5 May 2013

Easy winter soup

I've always said, I'm not a good blogger, spring has already come and I still have pictures of my winter dishes I didn't put on the blog. 



Ingredients:
3 patatoes
1 carrot
1 onion
160 gr pearl barley
water
olive oil
salt
pepper
chili powder

Soak the pearl barley in the water for at least 12 hours.
Cut the onion in small pieces and fry it until golden on a little bit of olive oil. Cut the potatoes in cubes and the carrot in very small pieces. Add the vegetables to the onion and add the pearl barley (without the water in wich it was soaked). Add some water (approximately 1 liter, but it depends on your taste), salt, peper and a little bit of chili powder (still depends on your taste). Cook stiring for approximately 1 hour (if you've soaked tha barney for 24 hous, in 40 minutes it should be cooked).

Serve hot with a slice of bread or just like that and enjoy your meal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment